In 2016 we saw eight decorated dragon boats paddle the Brunswick River from Mullumbimby to Brunswick Heads. They gathered together close to Bruns so that spectators on the river banks could witness the spectacle of the flotilla and judges could select the winner of the Best Dressed Dragon Boat competition. Congratulations go to the Rainbow Region Dragon Boat Club, dressed most appropriately as a rainbow. Crew members were attired in all manner of gear but each item was perfectly toned in the appropriate colour of the rainbow for their seat on the boat. They will be a hard act to follow in 2017.
Things you need to know about the Dragon Boats
- Ramp 2, Heritage Park Mullumbimby. Map
- Please note street redirection signs and observe instructions from traffic controllers.
- Please report to the Registration Desk before the start to pick up your wrist bands.
- All participants are issued with a numbered wristband.
- Please write your name and phone number on the wrist band at the start, before putting it on your wrist.
- The wristband helps the organisers keep track of the participants.
- More importantly for the participant, the wristband becomes their entry in the Participant's Draw. Great prizes are to be won but only if you are at the awards presentation at Terrace Park Brunswick Heads at around 12:20pm.
- When you finish your paddle you must place your wristband in the box in the Information Tent at Terrace Park.
- You must be present at the draw to claim your prize.
- Participants prizes 2107:
- MOJO SURF HOLIDAY in Bali & $500 cash (for airfares) - Total value $1500
- HOLIDAY PACK – 2 nights at Hosanna Farm Stay ($296)+ Go Sea Kayak voucher ($140) + $50 Coles voucher -Total value $486
- ACTIVITY PACK – Go Sea Kayak Tour ($140) + Gym on the Run fitness sessions ($150) - Total value $290
Dragon Boat Prize:
- $100 Footbridge voucher for your crew to share.
- Early Bird $150
- Online $180
- On-the-day NA
- Registration must be made online, prior to 26 May.
- To register for the team dragon boat captains/registrars need to:
- Click on
- Select the Team button on the second screen.
- Enter your own contact details so that you can be sent specific dragon boat information as it becomes available.
- Pay for your dragon boat team as a whole.
- We will contact you closer to the event for the details of the individual paddlers participating on the day. There is no need to enter all these individual details on RegisterNow.
- The dragon boats will paddle as a flotilla past the activities in Terrace Park Brunswick Heads.
- They will wait with the other dragon boats near the Memorial Park until signalled to move off together.
- Many people come to Terrace Park especially to see the dragon boats. The flotilla spectacle is well advertised so please put your best paddle forward for the paddle past.
Decorated dragon boats:
- Judging of the best decorated dragon boat event will take place on the banks of the river at Terrace Park.
- Judging criteria - this is what the judges use to determine the winning team.
- Trailer parking will be provided in Brunswick Heads for dragon boat trailers only.
- More information coming soon.
- A free shuttle bus is available to take people back to Heritage Park Mullumbimby to pick up their vehicle.
- The bus departs from outside the fire station in Fingal Street at half hourly intervals from 10am.
- Please support our sponsors by clicking here:
- or visit the Brunswick Heads Visitor Centre for information about local accommodation options.