Mullumbimby Comprehensive Health Centre Duck Race
The final activity of the Terrace Park festivities is the Duck Race. Those not able or not inclined to paddle on the river themselves can participate in the fun by buying a ticket for a rubber duck.
The numbered ducks are released en masse from the footbridge and float to a finish line on the water manned by Brunswick Surf Life Saving Club Nippers, who judge the winning ducks. There is lots of energetic cheering from the river bank as there are prizes for the holders of the tickets matching the first, second and third ducks over the line.
Things you need to know about the duck race
Around 2pm .
- Usually the duck are released from the footbridge and race to a finishing line in the river close to the Soundshell in Terrace Park.
- This may change somewhat on the day, according to the prevailing conditions.
- Tickets may be purchased for $5 from any of the three beneficiary organisations: Brunswick Surf Lifesaving, Brunswick Marine Rescue or Brunswick Heads Visitor Centre.
- Tickets may be purchased prior to Paddle day. This is a good idea as tickets become scarce as the race approaches.
- On Paddle day each of the three beneficiary organisations have a food tent at Terrace Park where Duck Race tickets may be purchased - if still available.
- HOLIDAY PACK – 2 nights Brunswick River Inn ($298) + Byron Bay Eco Cruise for 4 ($200) + $50 Milk Bar meal + $50 vouchers from Brunswick Surf + Coles + Crystal Castle - Total value $698
- Byron Bay Eco Cruise & Kayaks private tour for 12 people - Total value $540
- PAMPER PACK – Brunswick Heads Massage ($110) + Go Sea Kayak Tour ($140) + Gym on the Run fitness sessions ($150)+ Sanctum Pack ($30) - Total value $430