It's 10 kilometres from Heritage Park in Mullumbimby to Terrace Park in Brunswick Heads. We've chosen a time when the tide is right, there are support craft all over the river, and you will be surrounded by others admiring the flora and fauna of the beautiful Brunswick River. Added to this you have the opportunity of supporting three very worthwhile local organisations – the Brunswick Surf Lifesaving Club, Brunswick Marine Rescue and Brunswick Heads Visitor Centre. Why not join us and be part of this very special event? It's the largest of its kind in Australia.
Things you need to know about the Fun Paddle
8:00 to 9:30 am
- Heritage Park Mullumbimby. Map.
- Please note street redirection signs and observe instructions from traffic controllers.
- There is no parking at the check-in/registration area. This is a drop off zone only. Drop off your craft and then take your car elsewhere to park.
- Please report to the Registration Desk before the start to pick up your wrist band/s.
- Prices as above – no group discount.
- Families can register online as one entity, using the Create a Family button. This saves time and involves only one card transaction.
- To Create a Family - select one adult to be the Famly Administrator. Add the contact details for the Family Administrator. When you add additiional family members their details will be automatically filled in with the same information as the Administrator but can be amended if need be. There is only one credit card transaction at the end of the process.
- All participants are issued with a numbered wristband.
- Please write your name and phone number on the wrist band at the start, before putting it on your wrist.
- The wristband helps the organisers keep track of the participants.
- More importantly for the participant, the wristband becomes their entry in the Participant's Draw. Great prizes are to be won but only if you are at the awards presentation at Terrace Park Brunswick Heads at around 12:20pm.
- Participants prizes:
- MOJO SURF HOLIDAY in Bali & $500 cash (for airfares) - Total value $1500
- HOLIDAY PACK – 2 nights at Hosanna Farm Stay ($296)+ Go Sea Kayak voucher ($140) + $50 Coles voucher -Total value $486
- ACTIVITY PACK – Go Sea Kayak Tour ($140) + Gym on the Run fitness sessions ($150) - Total value $290
- When you finish your paddle you must place your wristband in the box in the Information Tent at Terrace Park.
- You must be present at the draw to claim your prize.
- The finish line is the left side of the footbridge, at the beach near the scout hall.
- Please don't use the small beach on the right as it is fragile – and you won't actually have finished!
- Put your wrist band in the bucket at the information tent at Terrace Park so that you can be in the participant's draw.
Craft minding at end of Paddle:
- 1st Brunswick Heads Scouts will be providing a craft minding service at the Scout Hall, the point at which craft leave the water.
- Please bring a gold coin donation for the scouts.
- This service allows participants to leave their craft while they return to Mullum in the shuttle bus to retrieve their vehicle.
- The craft minding will operate from the time of the first participant finishing until 2:30pm.
- The scouts and their parents will provide all care but no responsibility for the craft.
- A free shuttle bus is available to take one person back to Heritage Park Mullumbimby to pick up their vehicle.
- The bus departs from outside the fire station in Fingal Street at 20-30 minute intervals from 10am.
- No craft on the shuttle bus please.
- Go Sea Kayak - 1800 SEA KAYAK (732 529)
- Byron Bay Eco Cruises and Kayaks - 0410 016 926 (Kayaks all gone but there are a few SUPS left - hurry!)
- Brunswick Surf - (02) 6685 1283 (SUPs only)
- Please support our sponsors by clicking here:
- or visit the Brunswick Heads Visitor Centre for information about local accommodation options.