The Paddle Challenges provide competition for those who take their paddling seriously. Challengers enter the water at Heritage Park in Mullimbimby, then, on the starter's call, paddle the 10k down the Brunswick River to the Scout Hall in Brunswick Heads. All Challengers receive a time which is posted ASAP afer the finish of the event.
We have organised the Paddle Challenges a little differently this year. There are increasing numbers of competitive paddlers so we have separated the categories:
▪ Print Rescue SUP Challenge – Female
▪ Print Rescue SUP Challenge – Male
▪ Hotel Brunswick Open Paddle Challenge – Female
▪ Hotel Brunswick Open Paddle Challenge – Male
▪ Go Sea Kayak Double Kayak Paddle Challenge (any combination of paddlers)
Things you need to know about the Paddle Challenges
Print Rescue SUP Challenge start time:
All Kayak Challenges start time:
- Heritage Park Mullumbimby. Maps.
- Please note street redirection signs and observe instructions from traffic controllers.
- There is no parking at the check-in/registration area. This is a drop off zone only. Drop off your craft and then take your car elsewhere to park.
- Please report to the Registration Desk before the start to pick up your wrist band/s.
- A separate registration must be made for each competitor, even if on a double kayak - though only one number is to be displayed on the craft.
- Early Bird $35
- Online $40
- On-the-day $45
- All participants are issued with a numbered wristband.
- Please write your name and phone number on the wrist band at the start, before putting it on your wrist.
- The wristband helps the organisers keep track of the participants.
- More importantly for the participant, the wristband becomes their entry in the Participant's Draw. Great prizes are to be won but only if you are at the awards presentation at Terrace Park Brunswick Heads at around 12:20pm.
- Participants prizes:
- MOJO SURF HOLIDAY in Bali & $500 cash (for airfares) - Total value $1500
- HOLIDAY PACK – 2 nights at Hosanna Farm Stay ($296)+ Go Sea Kayak voucher ($140) + $50 Coles voucher -Total value $486
- ACTIVITY PACK – Go Sea Kayak Tour ($140) + Gym on the Run fitness sessions ($150) - Total value $290
- When you finish your paddle, place your wristband in the box in the Information Tent at Terrace Park.
- You must be present at the draw to claim your prize.
- The finish line is the left side of the footbridge, at the beach near the scout hall.
- Please don't use the small beach on the right as it is fragile – and you won't actually have finished!
- Put your wrist band in the bucket at the Information Tent at Terrace Park so that you can be in the participant's draw.
Craft minding at end of Paddle:
- 1st Brunswick Heads Scouts will be providing a craft minding service at the Scout Hall, the point at which craft leave the water.
- Please bring a gold coin donation for the scouts.
- This service allows participants to leave their craft while they return to Mullum in the shuttle bus to retrieve their vehicle.
- The craft minding will operate from the time of the first participant finishing until 2:30pm.
- The scouts and their parents will provide all care but no responsibility for the craft.
HOTEL BRUNSWICK OPEN PADDLE CHALLENGE AWARDS - 12:10pm
Men's & Women's divisions - Awarded 1st, 2nd & 3rd place medals plus
- Andrew James - $250 cash donated by Hotel Brunswick
- Shaun Sewell - $249 Nutri Ninja juicer
- Grant Cook - $80 Brookfarm hamper + $50 Torakina Cafe voucher
- Erin Blanch - $250 cash donated by Hotel Brunswick
- Chaise Richardson - $249 Nutri Ninja juicer
- TBC - $80 Brookfarm hamper + $50 Torakina Cafe voucher
Here is a list of individual times for Paddle challengers.
PRINT RESCUE SUP CHALLENGE AWARDS - 12:10pm
Men's & Women's divisions – Awarded 1st, 2nd & 3rd place medals, plus
- Jake Jensen - $250 cash donated by Hotel Brunswick
- Bryn Lloyd - $150 Sun Protection voucher + $50 Torakina Cafe voucher
- Leon McClean - $80 Brookfarm hamper + $50 Dolphin Café voucher
- Kate Baker - $250 cash donated by Hotel Brunswick
- Carla Gilbert - $150 Sun Protection voucher + $50 Torakina Cafe voucher
- Savannah Fitzsimmons - $80 Brookfarm hamper + $50 Dolphin Café voucher
Here is a list of individual times for SUP challengers.
- A free shuttle bus is available to take one person back to Heritage Park Mullumbimby to pick up their vehicle.
- The bus departs from outside the fire station in Fingal Street at 20-30 minute intervals from 10am.
- No craft on the shuttle bus please.
- Go Sea Kayak - 1800 SEA KAYAK (732 529)
- Byron Bay Eco Cruises and Kayak - 0410 016 926 (Kayaks all gone but there are a few SUPS left - hurry!)
- Brunswick Surf - (02) 6685 1283 (SUPs only)
- Please support our sponsors by clicking here:
- or visit the Brunswick Heads Visitor Centre for information about local accommodation options.