the logistics 2021
Wrist bands are no longer issued to participants. You will automatically be entered in the participants draw.
Each entrant in the Paddle is automatically an entrant in the Participants’ Draw which takes place immediately after the awards ceremony in Terrace Park Brunswick Heads, at approximately 12.20pm.
You must be present to win a prize.
mullumbimby road closures
As we expect over 1000 people with their craft and cars, it is necessary to re-route some of the roads to make the traffic more manageable. Please follow the marshals’ directions for more efficient unloading, launching and parking. Printable pdf version showing street re-routing.
brunswick heads craft exit & loading
- Paddlers must pass under the finish line at the footbridge and exit beyond it at the Scout Hall beach on the left bank.
- Please do not use the small beach at the Terrace – this beach is fragile.
- A special area for loading your craft onto your car is provided at the Scout Hall and your co-operation with removing your craft and vehicle quickly is appreciated
mullumbimby craft unloading & launching
- A special unloading zone is provided at Heritage Park.
- There is no parking at the check-in/registration area.
- This is a drop off zone only.
- Drop off your craft and then take your car elsewhere to park.
- All craft except the dragon boats launch at the main ramp in Heritage Park.
- Please unload your craft quickly and then park your car elsewhere.
- Please do not use Ramp 2 as this is assigned exclusively to the dragon boats. The dragon boats require room for loading and it is more difficult if there are other craft trying to enter the water iat the same location.
1st Brunswick Heads Scouts provide a craft minding service for a $2 fee. The scouts and their leaders will provide a secure place for you to leave your craft while to go back to Mullumbimby to fetch your car, or to wait at Terrace Park for the awards ceremony and participants’ draw. Please make sure that you retreive your craft by 2pm.
Requirements for the wearing of life jackets are set out in Marine Safety Regulation 2016 and are clearly summarised in the FAQs. Children under 12 years of age are required to wear a life jacket at all times.
SHUTTLE BUS TO MULLUMBIMBY
Please wait at the bus stop outside the Fire Station in Fingal Street. The first bus departs at 9.30am and then every 20 or 30 minutes (or when full) until after the Duck Race – approximately 9.30am-2.30pm.
KAYAK, CANOE & SUP HIRE
Local organisations Go Sea Kayak, Brunswick Buccaneer and Brunswick Surf will have vessels available for hire. Please contact these organisations directly for details:
High Tide at Bruns: 5.16am (1.61m)
High Tide at Mullum: 6.16am
Low Tide at Bruns: 11.39am (0.29m)
As we usually attract over a thousand participants, many of them from interstate, accommodation in the area becomes scarce towards the day of the event. Get in early to secure your accommodation.